Monday, January 21, 2013

Recycle, Reuse, and Regift


Although the holidays are over, I am still found making gifts for some of my friends and family. Sometimes when I come up with handmade gifts, I come up with them without keeping my fabric stock in mind. And sometimes I just don't have enough time to go to the store to buy the fabric I'm looking for. As a result, I start rummaging through my "Goodwill" box, and also have learned to save large pieces of fabric from sheets or curtains I no longer use.  My sister asked me to make her a plastic bag holder for her new house. Although she asked for black (boring), I decided to go with fabric from an old sheet that ripped. In about 30 minutes, I whipped this up. I hope she likes it!

SO, today's lesson: When it comes to finding fabric for a project, don't stop at you fabric stock or scrap pile. Think outside the box and look through clothes and home goods you no longer use!

No comments:

Post a Comment