Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Before and After: Kitchen

Before and after.
A little paint and a little fabric go a long way. Originally, my kitchen walls were painted a grayish blue tone. My red dishes and appliances didn't blend too well with them.

So, I chose a more neutral gray that goes great with white and black, with my red accents. I found the curtain fabric at my local JoAnn's and went to town.
Paint and fabric was all I could afford to do at this time, but I hope to put in a new fridge and knock down the upper cabinet (to make it fit), install an over the range microwave to create more counter space, purchase a kitchen cart in place of the small bakers rack and put up some kind of creative backsplash. That would be good for now :)
I also can't forget to show you my kitchen oasis.....the pergola. The hubby and I use this as our eating space...until it gets cold :)
Enjoy the pics! Next up: Master bedroom.

3 comments:

  1. Great job Katy! Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kitchen paint color with your black, white, and red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I'm learning to love the color, despite the small imperfection;)

    ReplyDelete